Friday, December 10, 2010

5,4,3,2,1 LIFT OFF

Patten has been dying to send off a rocket for a year now, I kept putting him off because frankly I was nervous! I finally gave in and we went to the park and prepared for lift off. The boys were just giddy, jumping up and down, screaming in delight and smiling from ear to ear. They did a count down..... nothing, I was thinking, great! They tried a second time, and before I knew it the rocket was gone! WOW!!! I would like to say that the story was over, no they lost the rocket and so made replacement ones, water bottles. They attached rocket engines and let them off, they didn't go up but shot vertical and made loops then fizzled out. I was feeling grateful no one got hurt. In all seriousness I was waiting for the cops to come. We had some nervous parent at the park. After we left I heard some sirens I admit I was nervous!:)

1 comment:

  1. Good job Jenn letting them be boys-- I would have panicked too at the sirens. Tho chances are the police would joined in the fun.

    ReplyDelete