Thursday, March 10, 2011

Grandma Kerlee

We had a great privilege in our home a week ago. My mother who is suffering from Alzheimer's stayed with us for a week. My mother has now become the child and I was the temporary care giver and it was humbling and a privilege to take care of her! My mother literally was the best at everything she did, smartest, strongest,and most talented. If she decided she wanted to do it, it would be done, and done well. My fondest memories of my mother will always be her singing with her ukulele and singing, Where Are You Going My Little One. That is all gone now as she can't remember how to play. So we made new memories and had so much fun with her especially Lillie. Lillie would not leave her side, she would even go sit next to her bed and wait for her to wake. After the first day though she was ready to play,she just went into her room and said ,"wake up Grandma you've slept long enough!" Lillie took her by the hand and lead her everywhere, at the zoo, park, arcade, through puzzles, play dough, reading and most importantly playing princess. Lillie even went into the bathroom with her, I drew the line with the bath and she was mad at me, she seemed to sense that mom needed her.







Mom loved this pig and from the moment she saw it she started snorting, it was so funny, Lillie joined in with the snorts and they just giggled and giggled. Even that night at the dinner table when we talked about the pig mom started snorting again, that pig left an impression!



2 comments:

  1. Thank for sacrificing and taking Mom for a week, and for documenting her decline. It just makes me tear up reading about Mom and her little buddy Lillie. Lillie was such an angel to watch over and play with Mom. It's like they were best friends in Heaven and finally met up. I love mom in her crooked Tiara and wand. Wish I could make a wish for her....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering what pig mom whas talking about when we had her last. Maybe I should read your blog a littler more often. Thanks for documenting her visit there. I love the pic of her holding the pistol and playing skeeball.

    ReplyDelete