Thursday, April 21, 2011

Field Trips

I had the fun opportunity to accompany Rhett's class to a Nature Preserve. It was a fun field trip and I actually learned a lot about Texas. More importantly I learned more about Rhett. He really didn't talk to me or walk with me, for him, it was just knowing that I was there. When it was all said and done you would have thought I had given him a million dollars. It was a good mommy day!

So many things to touch, so little time.

The guide had absolute attention as he told the kids a story about a Texan who was scalped and lived to tell about it. It made the preserve that more interesting as the scalped gentleman lived in the now, nature preserve just over the ridge from where they were standing.

1 comment:

  1. Fun outing! I love field trips. Rhett is just soaking up the story. He will be your child who will be in love with TX and will tell tall tales to his kids one day. How has he grown up so fast? He is so cute!

    ReplyDelete