Every year our Stake puts on prom for the youth, of course you have to be sixteen. The stake does a fantastic job, with decorations, food, party favors and pictures (will add when we get them). Mackenzie decided she wanted to go and asked her friend Grant from another stake. He used to be in our ward, and our families have kept in contact so it was an easy fit. She went to his house and left a path of chocolate kisses, at the end of the path there was a pile of kisses with a note that read, now that I have kissed the ground you walk on, will you please accompany me to the Mormon Prom. The picture below is his response.

Sewing is not my first love, and is only done out of necessity! Mackenzie found a dress for Prom that she loved, of course it was immodest and we had to make some alterations. Luckily the dress came with a long sash that I was able to turn into a jacket. I think it turned out pretty well, it was still a nightmare to sew though, Mackenzie is worth it!

Mackenzie said the evening was everything she had hoped for. I think it helps when you go with a guy you have a crush on!:)




That dress is gorgeous and Mackenzie looks beautiful in it! Good job on the sewing Jen!
ReplyDeleteYou did a wonderful job!!!! Mackenzie is lookin smokin hot!!!
ReplyDeleteWoweeee! Beautiful dress! Mackenzie is gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteYou are beautiful, Mackenzie, inside and out. I love you.
ReplyDeleteJust freaked out a little bit when I saw this....I was Grant's preschool teacher for two years. Yep, now I feel really old!
ReplyDelete~Kim
How fun and you look so fabulous Mackenzie! Great job Jen!
ReplyDeleteLOVE the 'kissed the ground you walk on' invitation but that dress, that beautiful red dress made Mackenzie look exquisite!!!!! Jen you really outdid yourself with that find and redo. What a fairytale event. Grant is a cutey isn't he? I wish I could have been there for this!!! Where is my fairy god mother when I need her?
ReplyDelete