Monday, September 12, 2011

Manly moments.

We had a wind storm come through and a tree blew down in the driveway of a ward member's home. So of course the brethren were called in, Curtis was so excited at the thought of using a chainsaw. He was giddy like a little kid, he got the boys ready, found hats and anything that might be useful for this project. I reminded him we do not own a chainsaw and he might not be able to acquire one to use. He of course got to the sisters house and took control of the situation and got his hands on one of the collected chainsaws brought for the cleanup. He came home happy as a lark as did the boys, I guess good male bonding time. The story does not end there.....keep reading
Later that day Curtis and Nelson went to Home Depot, a.k.a man central, for some plumbing parts. I was resting when they got home and I woke up to a motor sound. I look out the window and there is Curtis and Nelson cutting a tree down in my back yard with a new chainsaw! I of course just started to laugh, and went out and told him happy birthday, (not until Oct.15th:) He reassured me that he got it on clearance and then talked the manager down thirty more dollars,a steal I was told. I really couldn't get mad at him, as he never and I mean never buys himself anything. I was actually proud of him for wanting something and getting it.

2 comments:

  1. Curtis and the boys look like a bunch of thugs! I love it, it made me chuckle! They look mean and tough and willing to handle anything that gets in there way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now he can fix the newel post like Clark W Griswold on Christmas Vacation

    ReplyDelete