Sunday, October 24, 2010

Menchaca Fun Run




The boys and I participated in the 1st annual school fun run. First the parents ran a timed mile and then the kids. I'm embarrassed to say that Nelson almost had the same time as I did (9 minute mile) and he stopped every lap at the water table to have a drink!!!! In my defense I haven't run in almost a year. As soon as I started running my body was screaming you idiot what were you thinking?????? Rhett ran like a champion and didn't give up!!!! Way to go boys!

3 comments:

  1. That's a great time....are you kidding? I feel the same as you, I start running and I think to myself, why do people do this? My ligaments in my groin can't withstand the impact. They hurt for days afterwards. I like weights and walking, pilates, yoga instead. By the way you look so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WAY TO GO JENN!!! You did fabulous for not running of a year. Most people can't run that fast even if they are in shape. Tell Nelson and Rhett Aunt Katherine is very proud of them!

    ReplyDelete